Dave will tell you that I’m the worst baker ever. My creative approach to baking almost always ensures failure. As an enthusiastic optimist, however, I can’t help but always try.
This recipe is fail-proof for baking fools like me. It’s easy, delicious, looks great and comes together in a snap.
This recipe comes from Jenn Segal at Once Upon a Chef. For all you bakers and non-bakers out there. This one is a winner!
For the Crust
- 1½ cups all purpose flour, levelled
- teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ sticks (12 TABLESPOONS) very cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup very cold water
FOR THE FILLING
- baking apples (3 large) (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
FOR ASSEMBLING & BAKING
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot jelly or jam, optional for glaze
Click here video and instructions!