Calling all faux-wannabe royals – this recipe which I found tucked away in Hello Magazine is an easy-to-make tasty little gem which according to the copy “conjures up memories of meals served in the popular TV period drama, Bridgerton!
- 1 small Yukon gold potato
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil1 large leek
- 10 medium cloves garlic, diced and divided
- 11/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- Add potato to a small pot of water and and bring to boil over high heat. Lower heat to medium and simmer until tender about 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add 3 tbs oil and add leeks and 6 cloves of garlic. Cook until leek is soft approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, add remaining 3 tbs oil, shrimp and remaining garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes or until done.
- In a food processor, add leek and potato, coconut milk and puree.
- Pour into a medium saucepan over low heat and add red curry paste and ginger. Cook 2 minutes stirring often.Remove from heat.
- Pour into individual bowls and add chopped shrimp, add mango and cilantro to garnish.
Enjoy with a glass of bubbly!