I found this in Canadian Living Vegetarian and it’s delicious. For those of you who eat prawns, it’s an easy addition or switcheroo for tofu! This recipe is fast and easy and it heats up well the next day.
- 8 oz rice stick vermicelli
- 3 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup drained and cubed Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 sweet red pepper julienned
- 4 oz snow peas julienned
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanut (optional)
In large bowl, soak vermicelli in warm water until softened and separate, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
In wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry cabbage, tofu, red pepper, snow peas, green onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Stir in soy mixture; bring to boil. Stir in noodles, tossing to combine; stir-fry until tender, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts (if using).
You can check out the full recipe here.
Thanks Canadian Living for your fantastic test kitchen!