I’ve been doing all I can to drag myself away from my all new favourite salad obsession, the Kale, Chickpea, Marinated Artichoke Hearts with Feta Salad so this was a bit of a leap for me. But I was encouraged by my sister-in-law’s pronouncements of its greatness and I do trust her taste buds so I decided to make this my way – which is to say with anchovies and without tuna.
And wow, what a good decision that was. So long Kale! I’ve definitely made this before but it’s almost in the same category as cheese fondue and has been relegated to the category of ‘recipe of the past’. Not anymore. I loved this! This isn’t a recipe per se as much as an exhortation to prepare a Nicoise salad for a nice summer evening meal.
This is what I did:
- Organicy- lettuce – you know the kind that isn’t iceburg or romaine – artfully display on an individual plate
- sliced sweet baby tomatoes
- grilled salmon or tuna ( I prefer salmon)
- cooked baby new potatoes
- boiled eggs
- a handful of steamed (grilled) asparagus
- a handful of steamed green beans
- a handful of Nicoise olives
- thinly sliced Spanish onion
- vinaigrette (I used garlic, dijon, olive oil, honey, fresh lemon and salt and pepper.)
I made this for two people. It was super easy and very tasty. Thanks to the French for this awesome salad.
2 responses to “Nicoise Salad (my way)”
Gotta try this! Sounds great
Pingback: Green and Raw | Not the Family Business!