Those of you who know me, understand my passion for hummus. I have searched high and low for the perfect home-made and commercial recipes. My friend at the Mediterranean deli on Commercial Drive takes the prize for the best fresh made hummus available in a store and Fontaine Sante takes the second prize for mass produced commercially made hummus. But how about the hummus you make at home?
I finally came across this recipe right here at food.com which I love. I also came across this awesome blog called , yes, The Hummus blog. It might be possible that there are people out there who love hummus almost as much as I do. Based out of Israel, The Hummus blog, brings the full cultural weight of hummus’ cultural history to the fore and with it you’ll read some wonderful comments on the history and origins of hummus.
But for now, here is the recipe for Lebanese Hummus.
Total Time: 5 mins
- Using a blender, blend the first six ingredients.
- Serve in a large flat bowl.
- Sprinkle paprika over the finished product and serve with bread.
- If needed, add more lemon and salt to increase a tartier tastes.
- For softer texture, add more oil.